Outdoor Activities and Sports
Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking. There are lots of companies doing this, but the oldest, safest, and best (and most expensive; $100 USD) is Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking. Their English-speaking guides utilize the latest model of US mountain bikes and carry all the rescue and first aid equipment you hope not to use when biking down "The World's Most Dangerous Road." At the end of the trip, you can either return to La Paz by van with the guides or overnight in Coroico and return with public transportation. Bike excursions can also be combined with Zipline Bolivia near Coroico. Be extremely wary of cut-price operators since this tour is not the place to be taking shortcuts on safety. Coroico. 02/231–3849. www.gravitybolivia.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's