- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Buses depart half-hourly or when full from the Cementerio in La Paz, and cost about (Bs)15. Use caution when waiting for transportation at the Cementerio in La Paz since this area is prone to theft and can be dangerous for travelers. The buses arrive in and depart from Sorata's main plaza. Minibuses from Sorata to La Paz leave every hour from the main square and operate between 3 am and 6 pm. From Copacabana you can take any bus to La Paz, get off in Huarina, and flag a bus to Sorata. The drive from La Paz to Sorata takes around three hours, and from Huatajata to Sorata approximately two hours. Landslides during rainy season are common. For private transport and tours to Sorata from La Paz or Huatajata, contact Net Traveller.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe