- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- manicured gardens
- beside the river
- friendly owners
- if you're not an animal lover, the rescued pets might be a bother
- steep climb from the river to the restaurant
Altai Oasis Review
The bumpy road, 15 minutes from Sorata's main square, truly does lead to paradise. Meandering through manicured gardens are stone pathways leading to your choice of cabins, dorms, or campsites. At this riverside refuge, campsites are set in a grassy knoll and include fire pits, a common kitchen, eco-toilets and hot-water showers. Perched above the valley is an open-air restaurant that serves organic dishes prepared with ingredients from the property's farm. Rooms have skylights, beamed ceilings, hardwood floors, stone showers, and comfy duvets. Request "Tower #1" for the best views, or book one of the cabins for groups of three or more. The 7-acre property also has a kiosk, playground, movie room, swimming pool, and garden with rescued animals. Owner Johny Resnikowski speaks English, German, Spanish, French, and Italian.
- Address: Pass the school, beyond the soccer field, and follow the signs to Altai Oasis. Turn left before Café Illampu, Sorata, Sorata
- Phone: 715–19856; 712–26927
- Website: www.altaioasis.com
- Location: Sorata
- 13 rooms, 2 cabins, 60 tent sites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
Namaste || Hola ! Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more