- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- manicured gardens
- beside the river
- friendly owners
- if you're not an animal lover, the rescued pets might be a bother
- steep climb from the river to the restaurant
Check Rates from our Partners
Altai Oasis Review
The bumpy road, 15 minutes from Sorata's main square, truly does lead to paradise. Meandering through manicured gardens are stone pathways leading to your choice of cabins, dorms, or campsites. At this riverside refuge, campsites are set in a grassy knoll and include fire pits, a common kitchen, eco-toilets and hot-water showers. Perched above the valley is an open-air restaurant that serves organic dishes prepared with ingredients from the property's farm. Rooms have skylights, beamed ceilings, hardwood floors, stone showers, and comfy duvets. Request "Tower #1" for the best views, or book one of the cabins for groups of three or more. The 7-acre property also has a kiosk, playground, movie room, swimming pool, and garden with rescued animals. Owner Johny Resnikowski speaks English, German, Spanish, French, and Italian.
- Address: Pass the school, beyond the soccer field, and follow the signs to Altai Oasis. Turn left before Café Illampu, Sorata, Sorata
- Phone: 715–19856; 712–26927
- Website: www.altaioasis.com
- Location: Sorata
- 13 rooms, 2 cabins, 60 tent sites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more