At a Glance
- manicured gardens
- beside the river
- friendly owners
- if you're not an animal lover, the rescued pets might be a bother
- steep climb from the river to the restaurant
Altai Oasis Review
The bumpy road, 15 minutes from Sorata's main square, truly does lead to paradise. Meandering through manicured gardens are stone pathways leading to your choice of cabins, dorms, or campsites. At this riverside refuge, campsites are set in a grassy knoll and include fire pits, a common kitchen, eco-toilets and hot-water showers. Perched above the valley is an open-air restaurant that serves organic dishes prepared with ingredients from the property's farm. Rooms have skylights, beamed ceilings, hardwood floors, stone showers, and comfy duvets. Request "Tower #1" for the best views, or book one of the cabins for groups of three or more. The 7-acre property also has a kiosk, playground, movie room, swimming pool, and garden with rescued animals. Owner Johny Resnikowski speaks English, German, Spanish, French, and Italian.
- Address: Pass the school, beyond the soccer field, and follow the signs to Altai Oasis. Turn left before Café Illampu, Sorata, Sorata
- Phone: /715–19856; /712–26927
- Website: www.altaioasis.com
- Location: Sorata
- 13 rooms, 2 cabins, 60 tent sites
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.