- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Estancia Ecolodge
At a Glance
- excellent views
- great showers
- dinners integrate local flavors
- unlit paths at night
- arrangements must be made through La Paz office
Check Rates from our Partners
La Estancia Ecolodge Review
Staggered on a hillside, each bungalow (named for flora) has an unobstructed view of Lake Titicaca, making it the perfect place to watch the sunrise. The ecolodge uses alternative energy, recycles water back into the garden and takes garbage off the island. All 15 palapa-adobe buildings have hot-water showers warmed by solar power, and Trombe walls that heat the rustic-European-style rooms with stone floor bathrooms and beamed ceilings. Three-course meals are served at a set time in a common dining area, and both breakfast and dinner are included in the rate, which is significantly cheaper if booked through the office in La Paz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more