- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Estancia Ecolodge
At a Glance
- excellent views
- great showers
- dinners integrate local flavors
- unlit paths at night
- arrangements must be made through La Paz office
Check Rates from our Partners
La Estancia Ecolodge Review
Staggered on a hillside, each bungalow (named for flora) has an unobstructed view of Lake Titicaca, making it the perfect place to watch the sunrise. The ecolodge uses alternative energy, recycles water back into the garden and takes garbage off the island. All 15 palapa-adobe buildings have hot-water showers warmed by solar power, and Trombe walls that heat the rustic-European-style rooms with stone floor bathrooms and beamed ceilings. Three-course meals are served at a set time in a common dining area, and both breakfast and dinner are included in the rate, which is significantly cheaper if booked through the office in La Paz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more