- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- cheap as they come
- the hot water is a novelty
- be prepared to rough it in the rooms
- on a very busy road
- endless partying
Hostal Pacha-Mama Review
Located at the north end of the island, this low-budget hostel is a bit unkempt, but it's right on Challapampa beach and has hot showers. In 2010, six new rooms were added at the back of the property. Although they lack a view, they're much cleaner and come with private baths. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are available, along with laundry service.
- Address: Isla del Sol North, Playa,
- Phone: 02/735–30261
- Location: Isla del Sol and Isla de la Luna
- 20 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
Namaste || Hola ! Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more