- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel La Cupula
At a Glance
- alternative vibe
- great vegetarian breakfasts
- the penthouse room—if you can get it
- breakfast not included
- no Internet
- staff can be hard to locate
- some rooms lack private bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel La Cupula Review
It's worth staying on in Copacabana just to enjoy this alternative-style hotel tucked below the hills at one corner of the bay. Breakfast, costing (Bs)25, is exceptional, especially if you're a vegetarian. The five kitchen-equipped bungalows with tranquil lake views, creative natural designs, and a separate reception area make it all the more interesting. You can relax in a garden hammock or curl up with a book in the library. There is also a communal kitchen and a TV room with a selection of more than 130 DVDs. The charming upstairs restaurant is open to the public. It tends to book up early.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more