- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel La Cupula
At a Glance
- alternative vibe
- great vegetarian breakfasts
- the penthouse room—if you can get it
- breakfast not included
- no Internet
- staff can be hard to locate
- some rooms lack private bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel La Cupula Review
It's worth staying on in Copacabana just to enjoy this alternative-style hotel tucked below the hills at one corner of the bay. Breakfast, costing (Bs)25, is exceptional, especially if you're a vegetarian. The five kitchen-equipped bungalows with tranquil lake views, creative natural designs, and a separate reception area make it all the more interesting. You can relax in a garden hammock or curl up with a book in the library. There is also a communal kitchen and a TV room with a selection of more than 130 DVDs. The charming upstairs restaurant is open to the public. It tends to book up early.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more