- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- right on the beach
- rubbish from the lake close by
- no Internet
- somewhat tacky decor in the lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
Ambassador Hotel Review
This hotel near the lake is aligned with a youth hostel, which means it offers special rates for students. Although rooms are somewhat small and dated, they are brightly painted and have hardwood floors and floral bedding. Request one of the nine rooms with a lake view. If you can get past the fake fireplace and swan shrine in the lobby, head to the rooftop restaurant for an incredible view.
- Address: Calle General Gonzalo Jaúregui, Plaza Sucre, Copacabana
- Phone: 02/862–2216
- Location: Copacabana
- 42 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
Namaste || Hola ! Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more