- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The most expensive—and comfortable—way to get here is by hydrofoil from the Inca Utama Hotel in Huatajata, but cheaper boats leave from Copacabana at 8:30 am and 1:30 pm and return from Isla del Sol south port at 8:30 am, 10:30 am and 3:30 pm. The journey from Copacabana takes about two hours and costs (Bs)20. Once you are on the island, it's walking all the way, unless a mule has been organized through your hotel ahead of time. The tourist office, located on the northern side of Isla del Sol, offers private guides for (Bs)90 or (Bs)10 per person when booking groups of 10.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's