- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This popular weekend escape for Paceños is a regular stop on the guided-tour circuit and the easiest way to experience the beauty of the lake. Huatajata is a practical base for exploring the area, and there is a succession of cheap and not so cheap trout restaurants along the road. The fish is fresh in all of them. For picnics, you can try the tree-lined but heavily littered pebble-strewn beach at Chúa, the village beyond Huatajata.
Huatajata at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's