- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Copacabana, a pleasant, if touristy town, provides easy access to the lake, the islands and the surrounding countryside. It is also a major pilgrimage destination for devout Bolivians at Easter and lost South American hippies all year. A highlight is watching the sunset over the water from the Stations of the Cross, the highest point of Copacabana.
Copacabana at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's