Sights & Attractions in La Paz
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Paz Sights
Heading into La Paz from the airport, the city's main thoroughfare changes names several times: Avenida Ismael Montes, Avenida Mariscal Santa Cruz, El Prado, Avenida 16 de Julio, and Avenida Villazón. The street, a colorful blur of trees, flowers, and monuments, is often clogged with pedestrians and vendors, especially on weekends. On Sunday it's blocked off to traffic completely. At the end of the Prado, the street splits into Avenida 6 de Agosto and Avenida Arce, which lead to the residential areas of San Jorge and Sopocachi, where many of La Paz's bars and restaurants are located. Continue down the hill on 6 de Agosto and you will eventually reach Obrajes and the Zona Sur.
Browse La Paz Sights
Browse La Paz Sights By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's