- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Nestled in the valleys of central Bolivia, Cochabamba is considered the "The Garden City" due to its year round spring-like climate. This bustling metropolis is one of the oldest cities in Bolivia, and many buildings from the 16th century stand along its narrow streets. Near the city's main plaza are small cafés and elaborate cathedrals. On weekends, locals find bargains at La Cancha, Cochabamba's main market, or head to one of the hole-in-the-wall eateries for chicharrón de chancho, the local pork specialty.
Cochabamba at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe