- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Nestled in the valleys of central Bolivia, Cochabamba is considered the "The Garden City" due to its year round spring-like climate. This bustling metropolis is one of the oldest cities in Bolivia, and many buildings from the 16th century stand along its narrow streets. Near the city's main plaza are small cafés and elaborate cathedrals. On weekends, locals find bargains at La Cancha, Cochabamba's main market, or head to one of the hole-in-the-wall eateries for chicharrón de chancho, the local pork specialty.
Cochabamba at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's