- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The most direct route from Mendoza to the Valle de Uco is south on Ruta Nacional 40 for 37 km (23 mi) to Ugarteche, where you turn west onto Ruta 86 for another 37 km (23 mi), passing through the village of San José just before arriving in Tupungato. Although buses arrive several times a day from Mendoza, the best way to get around the area is to join a tour or rent a car. If you're driving north, turn off RN40 on to RP88 at Zapata. RP86 runs north; RP89 runs south along the foot of the mountains, and most of the important bodegas are on or near these routes. O. Fournier in San Carlos is the southernmost bodega in the Uco Valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's