- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Tupungato is a sleepy agricultural town most of the year. During the wine harvest (February and March), though, the roads in and around it overflow with carts and tractors loaded with grapes from the 24 area wineries. The population doubles from its official number of 28,420 as pickers arrive. Tupungato Volcano rises above the valley in snowbound splendor.
Tupungato at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's