- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Tupungato is a sleepy agricultural town most of the year. During the wine harvest (February and March), though, the roads in and around it overflow with carts and tractors loaded with grapes from the 24 area wineries. The population doubles from its official number of 28,420 as pickers arrive. Tupungato Volcano rises above the valley in snowbound splendor.
Tupungato at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe