- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
There's bus service here from Mendoza, but you'll have a hard time getting around without a car unless you're on a tour. From Mendoza City you can take RN40 directly to Tunuyán, then use Ruta 88, 89, 90, or 96 to reach Tupungato (your choice will depend on which wineries you want to visit). Consult the WINEMAP before heading out on your own.
Bodega Lurton is on the road to Manzano Histórico, and Clos de los Siete, Monteviejo, and Doña Elvira are south and east of Tunuyán, in the districts of Los Sauces and Vista Flores. Although San Carlos, a dusty agricultural town 25 km (15 mi) south of Tunuyán, isn't yet on the tourist map, it does have several noteworthy wineries near it.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's