Most wineries prefer reservations. It's even better to arrange tours to vineyards through your hotel, a tourist office, or a local tour operator. Tours are particularly good if there's a specific bodega you wish to visit or if you're traveling with a group and/or during the harvest. If you do head out yourself, don't be put off by security precautions such as a locked gate or a uniformed guard. The guards are there to help, and will call up to the winery to announce your arrival.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's