- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The provinces of Mendoza and San Juan, in the central west portion of Argentina, lie at the foot of the highest Andean ranges along the border with Chile. The city of Mendoza and its surrounding departments are in Mendoza Province's northern portion, 1,040 km (646 mi) from Buenos Aires but only 360 km (224 mi) from Santiago, Chile. The east-west Ruta Nacional 7 (RN7 Pan Americano or Panamerican Highway) crosses the Andes from Mendoza to Chile and links Argentina and neighboring countries (Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay) with Pacific ports. Ruta Nacional 40 runs north-south the length of the country, passing through San Juan and down to Mendoza, the Valle de Uco, and San Rafael.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's