- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Algodón Wine Resort
At a Glance
- between the amazing sunset views, birds singing, and availability of Algodón wine around every corner, it's hard not to feel profoundly relaxed here
- about 20 minutes outside of town center, and for now it closes in the winter months (although there is talk of changing that in the future)
Algodón Wine Resort Review
This is the sister property to the gorgeous Algodón Mansion in Buenos Aires; you can choose between one of the three charming rooms (all of which have their own fireplace) in the remodeled 1920s farmhouse, or one of the five rooms in the more modern lodge. Country casual meets luxury in this hotel resort that offers golf, tennis, vineyards with an on-site bodega for wine tastings, and groves of ancient olive trees perfect for throwing a blanket down under and taking a siesta. A row of ponchos hangs in the entrance to the living room to be borrowed on cool evening walks (or golf-cart drives) to the restaurant for dinner. Guests can gather for a drink, a good read, breakfast, or wine tastings in the living room or on any of the shady porches accessible from each room. The friendly staff can help plan trips to other vineyards, rafting, bike riding, or even extensive excursions into the nearby Andes if you are feeling adventurous.
- Address: RN144, Km 674–Cuadro Benegas, San Rafael, Mendoza 5603
- Phone: 2627/429–020
- Location: San Rafael
- 8 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well my up to a year trip has begun.. I left Australia on Tuesday the 26th of November from Melbourne at 7pm . Flying with emirates, 4 flights later and 40 hours of travel and not much sleep I arrived i Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
hi, how would I get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile from Rio Gallegos, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
please let me know your suggestions by plain vs bus? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more