- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Algodón Wine Resort
At a Glance
- between the amazing sunset views, birds singing, and availability of Algodón wine around every corner, it's hard not to feel profoundly relaxed here
- about 20 minutes outside of town center, and for now it closes in the winter months (although there is talk of changing that in the future)
Check Rates from our Partners
Algodón Wine Resort Review
This is the sister property to the gorgeous Algodón Mansion in Buenos Aires; you can choose between one of the three charming rooms (all of which have their own fireplace) in the remodeled 1920s farmhouse, or one of the five rooms in the more modern lodge. Country casual meets luxury in this hotel resort that offers golf, tennis, vineyards with an on-site bodega for wine tastings, and groves of ancient olive trees perfect for throwing a blanket down under and taking a siesta. A row of ponchos hangs in the entrance to the living room to be borrowed on cool evening walks (or golf-cart drives) to the restaurant for dinner. Guests can gather for a drink, a good read, breakfast, or wine tastings in the living room or on any of the shady porches accessible from each room. The friendly staff can help plan trips to other vineyards, rafting, bike riding, or even extensive excursions into the nearby Andes if you are feeling adventurous.
- Address: RN144, Km 674–Cuadro Benegas, San Rafael, Mendoza 5603
- Phone: 2627/429–020
- Location: San Rafael
- 8 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more