Algodón Wine Resort
At a Glance
- between the amazing sunset views, birds singing, and availability of Algodón wine around every corner, it's hard not to feel profoundly relaxed here
- about 20 minutes outside of town center, and for now it closes in the winter months (although there is talk of changing that in the future)
Check Rates from our Partners
Algodón Wine Resort Review
This is the sister property to the gorgeous Algodón Mansion in Buenos Aires; you can choose between one of the three charming rooms (all of which have their own fireplace) in the remodeled 1920s farmhouse, or one of the five rooms in the more modern lodge. Country casual meets luxury in this hotel resort that offers golf, tennis, vineyards with an on-site bodega for wine tastings, and groves of ancient olive trees perfect for throwing a blanket down under and taking a siesta. A row of ponchos hangs in the entrance to the living room to be borrowed on cool evening walks (or golf-cart drives) to the restaurant for dinner. Guests can gather for a drink, a good read, breakfast, or wine tastings in the living room or on any of the shady porches accessible from each room. The friendly staff can help plan trips to other vineyards, rafting, bike riding, or even extensive excursions into the nearby Andes if you are feeling adventurous.
- Address: RN144, Km 674–Cuadro Benegas, San Rafael, Mendoza, 5603
- Phone: 2627/429–020
- Location: San Rafael
- 8 rooms
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I started by flying to the Brazilian airport at Iguazu Falls via Chicago via Sao Paulo. I met my husband in the airport at Sao Paulo.... Read more
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other l... Read more