- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- friendly, enthusiastic owner/guide Luís speaks English
- yard is a work in progress
Check Rates from our Partners
El Mercedario Review
The young owner (Luís) of this 1928 adobe farmhouse right on the main street is determined to create a gathering place for like-minded lovers of all that Barreal has to offer, as his passion is taking guests in his 4x4 to mountains, rivers, and local sights. Good books and music are noticeable in the living room, and good food (with an assist from his partner studying at the culinary academy in San Juan) is served in the dining room or outside on warm summer days. The cold simplicity of brick or cement floors contrasts with collections of folk art and themed rooms: Argentine and American heroines—from Evita to Mercedes Sosa, gaucho artifacts, historical men, art, and indigenous animals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
If you were in Mendoza, and wanted to then travel somewhere for approx. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more