- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- friendly, enthusiastic owner/guide Luís speaks English
- yard is a work in progress
Check Rates from our Partners
El Mercedario Review
The young owner (Luís) of this 1928 adobe farmhouse right on the main street is determined to create a gathering place for like-minded lovers of all that Barreal has to offer, as his passion is taking guests in his 4x4 to mountains, rivers, and local sights. Good books and music are noticeable in the living room, and good food (with an assist from his partner studying at the culinary academy in San Juan) is served in the dining room or outside on warm summer days. The cold simplicity of brick or cement floors contrasts with collections of folk art and themed rooms: Argentine and American heroines—from Evita to Mercedes Sosa, gaucho artifacts, historical men, art, and indigenous animals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more