- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Restauro Review
Two tall doors open into this colonial building owned by the Spanish Club since 1910. There's nothing old-fashioned, however, about the menu. The owners are committed to regional cuisine, using fresh ingredients in recipes handed down from local families. Tomaticán, for instance, is a blend of fresh tomatoes and spices pureéd over toast with melted cheeses. Roasted goat from nearby Malargüe, trout from the Río Atuel, and quinoa (originally planted by the Incas) are used creatively.
- Address: Comandante Salas at Colonel Day, San Rafael, Mendoza 5600
- Phone: 2627/445–482
- Location: San Rafael
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more