- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
L'Obrador-Casa de Campo
L'Obrador-Casa de Campo Review
About 20 minutes from town, at a typical ranch house, Daniel Ancina, his wife Graciela, and a team of cooks are waiting to greet you, fill your wineglass, introduce you to the other guests, and seat you family-style at a long table. Little pots of spreads and sauces for dipping or spreading on pan casero (homemade bread) line the center of the table. Out of the mud-brick oven comes a platter of crisp baked empanadas and then some type of meat—goat, lamb, beef, chicken, or chorizo. Everything is cooked on the spot, and couldn't be a better or warmer introduction to traditional cuisine of the region. Don't even try to find this place on your own. Call to be picked up or inquire at the tourist office for directions and reservations.
- Address: Camino Bentos 50, San Rafael, Mendoza 5600
- Phone: 2627/4322–723; 2627/1560–1347
- Hours: Tues., Thurs., Fri., or by appointment
- Location: San Rafael
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more