- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- stately decor
- romantic (no children under 10)
- lots of personal attention
- high price tag, yet doesn't accept credit cards
- not good for families with kids
- closed in winter
Château d'Ancón Review
Inside, curved oak doors open onto marble halls filled with antiques, statues, paintings, tapestries, and family photographs; not surpirisingly, this formal place isn't cheap, but the price includes all meals, tea, cocktails, a wine tasting, a 4x4 vineyard tour, and a horseback ride. You can taste estate-bottled wine in the English pub, dine in an exquisitely old-fashioned room furnished with Bombal family antiques shipped from Europe in 1933, or check out the view from the tower. Lucila Bombal, the granddaughter of the original owners, personally entertains guests with stories of her family's history if she is in town.
- Address: R89, 2 km (1 mi) west of the village of San José and R86, Tupungato, Mendoza 5551
- Phone: 261/4235–8455 in Mendoza; 2622/488–245 in Tupungato
- Website: www.estanciancon.com
- Location: Tupungato
- 6 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-May–mid-Oct.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well my up to a year trip has begun.. I left Australia on Tuesday the 26th of November from Melbourne at 7pm . Flying with emirates, 4 flights later and 40 hours of travel and not much sleep I arrived i Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Namaste || Hola ! Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more