- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- stately decor
- romantic (no children under 10)
- lots of personal attention
- high price tag, yet doesn't accept credit cards
- not good for families with kids
- closed in winter
Check Rates from our Partners
Château d'Ancón Review
Inside, curved oak doors open onto marble halls filled with antiques, statues, paintings, tapestries, and family photographs; not surpirisingly, this formal place isn't cheap, but the price includes all meals, tea, cocktails, a wine tasting, a 4x4 vineyard tour, and a horseback ride. You can taste estate-bottled wine in the English pub, dine in an exquisitely old-fashioned room furnished with Bombal family antiques shipped from Europe in 1933, or check out the view from the tower. Lucila Bombal, the granddaughter of the original owners, personally entertains guests with stories of her family's history if she is in town.
- Address: R89, 2 km (1 mi) west of the village of San José and R86, Tupungato, Mendoza 5551
- Phone: 261/4235–8455 in Mendoza; 2622/488–245 in Tupungato
- Website: www.estanciancon.com
- Location: Tupungato
- 6 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-May–mid-Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more