- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bodega Catena Zapata
Bodega Catena Zapata Review
A faux Mayan pyramid rising from the vineyards fronts the towering Andes at this landmark winery where the architecture rivals the wine. You descend from a crystal cupola through concentric spaces to the tasting room, which is surrounded by 400 oak barrels. Founding father Nicola Catena arrived in 1898 and planted his first vineyard of Malbec grapes in 1902. Sons Domingo and Nicolás manage the vineyards planted at varying altitudes, blending varietals from these different microclimates to create complex, distinctive wines. Special tastings with meals can be arranged for groups with prior notice.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
If you were in Mendoza, and wanted to then travel somewhere for approx. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more