- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Las Leñas Review
This large, popular grill can serve up to 200 people under its high wooden roof and spinning fans. Chivito (goat) is the specialty (it's best in March and April). Otherwise, enjoy a bife de chorizo (New York steak), sausages, and chicken, which arrive at your table sizzling on their own grill. If you don't like the music, ask them to play Argentine folklore. On Sunday afternoon families fill the long tables; live musicians often play Friday night.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $150 -- Argentina 4-Star Hotel in Wine Region w/Breakfast Sheraton Mendoza Hotel
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
A little help goes a long way. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
As of this writing, if you have tickets on LAN to fly in/out of Argentina and also for flights within our country, your travel plans are most likely to suffer significant alterations.
Our "government" Read more