- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mendoza-based adventure-tour companies offer half- to two-day Class II to Class IV rafting and kayaking trips on the Río Mendoza near Potrerillos.
Argentina Rafting. With Argentina Rafting you can raft the Río Mendoza for a half day or full day, take a kayak class, or combine rafting, horseback riding, and mountain biking in a two-day multi-sport outing, spending the night in a mountain refugio. Office:, Primitivo de la Reta 992, Loc. 4, Mendoza, Mendoza, 5500. 262/429–6325. www.argentinarafting.com.
Betancourt Rafting. Betancourt Rafting offers rafting and adventure packages that include trekking, rappelling, and horseback riding. They have three small cabins and a lodge at the Cacheuta Hot Springs. Lavalle 36, Galería Independencia, Loc. 8, Mendoza, Mendoza, 5500. 261/429–9665. www.betancourt.com.ar. Ruta Panamericana, Km 26, Luján de Cuyo. 261/15–559–1329.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's