- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Many of Mendoza's back roads lead through the suburbs and vineyards into the Andean foothills and upward to mountain villages—or all the way to Chile.
Bikes and Wines. Bikes and Wines rents motorbikes and three kinds of mountain bikes for full- or half-day self-guided tours in the wine district of Maipú. Trips include a map, water bottle, a glass of Malbec to get the trip started off right, lunch, and medical and mechanical assistance. You begin at La Rural winery and museum and along the way visit three wineries, a chocolate and liquor factory, and an olive oil company. The lunch stop is at a deli, where you can eat on a patio. Urquiza 1606, Maipu, Mendoza, 5515. 261/410–6686. www.bikesandwines.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's