- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
It takes 1½ hours to fly from Buenos Aires to San Rafael, then a 3-hour drive to Las Leñas. During high season (July–August) there are 2 charter flights a day from Buenos Aires to Malargüe, a town 80 km (50 mi) from the resort. There are no commercial flights to Malargüe. Some ski packages include the 1½-hour flight from Buenos Aires.
From San Rafael, take RP144 for 141 km (88 mi) to El Sosneado, then pick up RN40 to the turnoff onto RP222 that passes through Los Molles, 20 km (12 mi) from Las Leñas.
The town of Malargüe is 45 km (28 mi) south of the turnoff at Ruta 144 on RN40, roughly 80 km (50 mi) from Las Leñas. Carry chains and be aware of weather conditions. This is a dramatically beautiful drive with hot springs at Los Molles.
You can sleep the whole 11 hours from Buenos Aires in a "Coche-cama" bus—not a bad option if you want to save your pesos for lift tickets and good accommodations.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's