- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The gorgeous scenery and island topography of the area is readily appreciated on a Cessna tour. Aeroclub Ushuaia. Aeroclub Ushuaia offers half-hour and hour-long trips.The half-hour flight (340 pesos per passenger; 400 pesos for one passenger alone) with a local pilot takes you over Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego National Park, and the Beagle Channel with views of area glaciers, waterfalls, and snowcapped islands south to Cape Horn. A 60-minute flight (575 pesos per passenger; 725 pesos, for one passenger alone) crosses the Andes to the Escondida and Fagnano lakes. Antiguo Aeropuerto, Tierra del Fuego, 9410. 2901/421–717. www.aeroclubushuaia.org.ar.
Heli-Ushuaia. Heli-Ushuaia offers 15-minute flights over the city for a minimum of two people for US$150 each and hour-long trips if you've got money to burn. Antiguo Aeropuerto, Tierra del Fuego, 9410. 2901/444–444. www.heliushuaia.com.ar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's