- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The rivers of Tierra del Fuego are home to trophy-size freshwater trout—including browns, rainbows, and brooks. Both fly- and spin-casting are available. The fishing season runs November–April; license fees range from 75 pesos a day to 350 pesos for a month for non-residents. Fishing expeditions are organized by the following companies. Asociación de Caza y Pesca. Founded in 1959, the Asociación de Caza y Pesca is the principal hunting and fishing organization in the city. Av. Maipú 822, Tierra del Fuego. 2901/423–168.
Rumbo Sur. Rumbo Sur is the city's oldest travel agency and can assist in setting up fishing trips. Av. San Martín 350, Tierra del Fuego. 2901/421–139. www.rumbosur.com.ar.
Wind Fly. Wind Fly is dedicated exclusively to fishing, and offers classes and arranges trips. Av. 25 de Mayo 155, Tierra del Fuego. 2901/431–713 or 2901/1544–9116. www.windflyushuaia.com.ar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's