- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Avoid people on the street who offer to change your currency to pesos; head to a bank instead. Banks are generally open weekdays 7-1 and 4-8. For ATMs, look for the maroon "Banelco" sign of Argentina's largest ATM network. You can use your Plus or Cirrus card to withdraw pesos. Traveler's checks aren't recommended in the Northwest. Few places accept them, and with ATMs so easy to find there's little need for them. Outside the major towns many businesses don't accept credit cards and cash is sometimes the only option.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's