- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
It's a short distance from San Miguel de Tucumán, but the road winds upward slowly, and the journey takes over two hours. It's a simple drive south from Cafayate on Ruta 40, crossing to Amaicha on Ruta 357 and on to Tafí on Ruta 307. Aconquija is the only bus company with service: six trips a day from Tucumán and two a day from Cafayate. La Cumbre agency and the tourist office can help you arrange outings to Lago Angostura and elsewhere in the region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's