- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
With its jungles, lakes, waterfalls, and wild rivers, the area around San Salvador de Jujuy is great for hiking and horseback riding.
There are a number of operators offering excursions, but very few are online, which makes things hard, as most trips must be booked a few days in advance. One notable exception is Paisajes del Noroeste (San Martin 132388/423-7565www.noroestevirtual.com.ar). The staff can arrange treks and horseback rides as well as paragliding and sand-boarding (like snowboarding but on sand dunes) outings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's