- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hostal del Sol
At a Glance
- very good value
- Continental breakfast
- small rooms
- few facilities
Hostal del Sol Review
Owners Mónica and Julio either made or found many of the decorative items here, from the 600-year-old mortar stones to the 120-year-old wooden trays for bread making to the cardon-wood bedside tables. It's a peaceful place. There's a large garden and a pleasant common area that serves as a restaurant (order meals in advance).
- Address: Hipólito Yrigoyen s/n (3 blocks from the plaza), Amaicha, Tucumán 4137
- Phone: 3892/421-435
- Location: Amaicha
- 8 rooms.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $149 -- Buenos Aires Luxe Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Libertador Hotel
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- Alluring South America IExplore
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes
- Argentina's Patagonia & the Omaguacas — $9,795 IExplore
A little help goes a long way. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
Hi fellow travellers!
I am just beginning my planning to South America for 5 months next year and have no idea where to start. I have no idea how much much I will need however have been saving so should Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more