- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Convento San Francisco
Convento San Francisco Review
Every Salteño's heart and soul belongs to the town's landmark St. Francis Church and convent, with its white pillars and bright terra-cotta-and-gold facade. The first temple and convent were built in 1625; the second, erected in 1674, was destroyed by fire; the present church was completed in 1882. The 173-foot-high belfry houses the Campaña de la Patria, a bell made from the bronze cannons used in the War of Independence which sounds once a day at 7:30 pm. In the sacristy, the Museo Convento San Francisco displays religious art.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more