- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Molinos has a photogenic church and a small farm breeding vicuñas, an animal similar to a llama but one whose fur makes a much finer (and more expensive) wool. Its main draw, however, is a location on the way to Cafayate, with its many bodegas (wineries), and to Colomé, Argentina's oldest bodega, with one of the world's highest vineyards and a luxury hotel.
Molinos is also just a few miles from the Camino de Artesanos (Road of the Artisans) of Seclantás, who weave ponchos and scarves by the roadside on contraptions improvised from wood and old bicycle parts. The Laguna de Brealito, 10 km (6 mi) due west of Seclantás, is a picturesque lake in the middle of nowhere. Eight kilometers (5 mi) east of Molinos are the pre-Columbian ruins of Chicoana.
Elsewhere in The Northwest
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $149 -- Buenos Aires Luxe Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Libertador Hotel
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- Alluring South America IExplore
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes
- Argentina's Patagonia & the Omaguacas — $9,795 IExplore