The Northwest Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The Quebrada: In this craggy, vast, color-splashed landscape, gaze up from time to time at the eternity of stars or the otherworldly carved walls of the gorge.
Sports and the Outdoors: Mountains, valleys, lakes, streams, and plains make this region ideal for hiking, horseback riding, rafting, fishing, and rock climbing. Or you could take a spin in a kite buggy on the Salinas Grandes.
Folk Music: In this hub of Argentina's folkloric music scene, a trip to one of Salta's peñas (halls of food, music, and dancing) is essential. Wind instruments, diverse percussion, and soaring harmonies define the high-Andean sound track.
Wine: Though they usually take a backseat to wines from the central Mendoza Province, the wines of the north, especially in the Cafayate region of Salta, are gaining worldwide recognition.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's