- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Getting active in Cafayate involves the gentler end of adventure tourism: there are lots of opportunities for hikes, horseback rides, and bike excursions but nothing too extreme. The waterfalls in the Río Colorado make a good excursion on a bike or on foot.
Turismo Cordillerano. This outfit rents mountain bikes and offers half-day to five-day treks and horseback rides. Camila Quintana de Niño 59, Cafayate, Salta, 4427. 3868/422–137. www.turismocordillerano.com.ar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe