- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Just one bus company, Maria Rueda, serves Cachi from Salta. You're advised to buy tickets the day before for the journey that takes just over four hours on a good day. For more flexibility, Remis San José runs a fixed-price taxi service four times a day. The cost is about 150 pesos. They also offer transfers to Cafayate and the villages in between and sightseeing tours of the area. Local guide Santiago Casimiro is a former mountain rescuer who offers treks and tours by car. What he has to show is fascinating, but he doesn't speak much English. Check with the tourist office about other tour options.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's