- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Río Correntoso, reputed to be the shortest river in the world (260 meters), flows from Lago Correntoso beneath a bridge into Nahuel Huapi Lake, where fly-fishermen from the world over have been coming since the 1920s to catch and release record-breaking-size trout. Trolling, spinning, or fly-fishing from land or by boat in the lagoons and inlets of Nahuel Huapi will take you to spots of incredible scenic beauty and solitude.
Patagon Fly. To arrange a one- to five-day fishing excursion, rent or purchase equipment, or hire a guide, contact Patagon Fly at the Banana Fly Shop. Av. Arrayanes 282, Villa La Angostura, Neuquén, 8407. 2944/494–634. www.patagonfly.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's