- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- practically in the lap of the region's highest mountain glacier
- airport transfers available for a fee
- organic garden
- game and video room
- the road here is one-way heading towards the hotel 10:30 am–2 pm, one-way heading away from 4 pm–7:30 pm, and two-way from 7:30 pm–10:30 am only. Open only from mid-November to mid-April
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Tronadór Review
Named for the mountain that towers above the wild landscape of lakes and forests only 25 km (15½ mi) up the road, this stone and log lodge overlooking Lago Mascardi and surrounded by a profusion of flowers has been owned and cared for by the Vereertbrugghen family since 1929. The main attraction is a visit to Monte Tronodór and a walk up to its glaciers or through the forest to waterfalls that tumble from the frozen snow above. Ambitious hikers can climb to a refugio and return in a day.
- Address: RN40 west from Bariloche 66 km, past Villa Masacardi, turn right on dirt road to west end of Lago Mascardi, Bariloche, Río Negro
- Phone: 2944/490–550
- Website: www.hoteltronador.com
- Location: Bariloche
- 30 rooms, 7 apartments.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Closed mid-Apr.–mid-Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more