The Lake District Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Savage Beauty: One day a lake is silent, a mirror of its surrounding mountains. Another day waves are crashing on its shores, wind tears limbs from trees.
The Great Outdoors: Well-marked trails in the national parks lead into a world of strange forests, leaping waterfalls, and magnificent vistas. Commercial river rafting or kayaking might carry you to Chile.
Water, Water Everywhere: 40 different lakes, seven major rivers flowing into two oceans, and you can spend days just staring at Nahuel Huapi Lake with its shoreline disappearing under distant peaks and volcanoes.
Ski in Summer: In the northern Lake District of Patagonia, June through September is ski season on the slopes of Cerro Catedral near Bariloche, and Cerro Chapelco, near San Martín de los Andes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's