- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cerro Perito Moreno. The ski area at Cerro Perito Moreno, 25 km (15 mi) northwest of El Bolsón, is owned and operated by Club Andino Piltriquitrón (Sarmiento at Roca 2944/492–600), which also runs a restaurant at the base, where you can rent skis, snowboards, and sleds. The ski area is open from mid-June to mid-October and is used mainly by local families. Four short tows for beginners and one T-bar access the 750 meters (2,460 feet) of skiable terrain on east-facing slopes. Since storms approach from the west, snowfall can be minimal, so it's best to call the tourist office or Club Andino before you go. El Bolsón, Río Negro.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's