- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
If you're in a major city, take a taxi. Generally inexpensive (the fare is based on the number of blocks traveled), they can be hailed just about anywhere, though it's generally easier to get your hotel or restaurant to call you one. In smaller towns, numerous minicab firms (remises) replace taxis. These can be hailed on the street or called. In many touristy towns, you can book remises to ferry you around for several days. With a group of three or four, you may find this a more-economical and convenient way to get around.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's