- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
Faro Querandí Review
Picturesque Querandí Lighthouse about 24 km (15 mi) south of Mar de las Pampas, is surrounded by forest and sand dunes and can only be reached by quad-bike, which you can rent on the beach, or on organized four-wheel-drive excursion from Villa Gesell. The lighthouse itself is not open to the public.
Turismo Aventura. Turismo Aventura, based in Villa Gesell, organizes half-day trips to the Faro Querandí and along the dunes south of Mar de las Pampas. The costs are 80 pesos per person if you go by four-wheel-drive and 150 pesos per person by quad-bike; rates usually include some sandboarding. 2255/466–797.
- Address: Mar de las Pampas, Buenos Aires
- Location: Mar de las Pampas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more