- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
Some say the Japanese chef at the eponymous restaurant in the Heiwa hotel does the best sushi and sashimi on the coast, others say it's the best in Argentina. It seems only fair, given the restaurant's fabulous setting on the ground floor of a small hotel by the same name right on the quiet sands of Las Gaviotas. As if the sight and sound of the real sea weren't enough, a huge Hokusai wave decorates one of the walls; mismatched crockery, paper lamp shades, and sandy floors complete the backdrop. The dessert de rigueur are orange-and-ginger spring rolls. If you just want a drink, Heiwa makes delicious juices and cocktails under the white canvas awnings of a beach bar, which opens to non-hotel guests at 9 pm and is lighted with torches after dark.
- Address: Calle 34 at beachfront, Las Gaviotas, Buenos Aires 7165
- Phone: 2255/453–674
- Location: Mar de las Pampas
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- Dec.–Mar. dinner daily, Apr.–Nov. dinner Sat. only.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more