- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
Some say the Japanese chef at the eponymous restaurant in the Heiwa hotel does the best sushi and sashimi on the coast, others say it's the best in Argentina. It seems only fair, given the restaurant's fabulous setting on the ground floor of a small hotel by the same name right on the quiet sands of Las Gaviotas. As if the sight and sound of the real sea weren't enough, a huge Hokusai wave decorates one of the walls; mismatched crockery, paper lamp shades, and sandy floors complete the backdrop. The dessert de rigueur are orange-and-ginger spring rolls. If you just want a drink, Heiwa makes delicious juices and cocktails under the white canvas awnings of a beach bar, which opens to non-hotel guests at 9 pm and is lighted with torches after dark.
- Address: Calle 34 at beachfront, Las Gaviotas, Buenos Aires 7165
- Phone: 2255/453–674
- Location: Mar de las Pampas
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- Dec.–Mar. dinner daily, Apr.–Nov. dinner Sat. only.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Well my up to a year trip has begun.. I left Australia on Tuesday the 26th of November from Melbourne at 7pm . Flying with emirates, 4 flights later and 40 hours of travel and not much sleep I arrived i Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Namaste || Hola ! Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more