- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
Centro Cultural Pasaje Dardo Rocha
Centro Cultural Pasaje Dardo Rocha Review
The equestrian statue of South American liberator José de San Martín stands in the center of Plaza San Martín. On the square's north side is the black slate roof of the French neoclassical Legislatura (provincial legislature) building. Nearby is the Pasaje Dardo Rocha Cultural Center, housed in a massive Parisian-style building. Once the city's main train station, it's now home to a small art-house movie theater, temporary exhibition and performance spaces, and several small art museums including the Museum of Contemporary Latin American Art (MACLA), and a small collection of artworks by Argentinean masters. It occasionally hosts small-scale international exhibitions: Dalí and Goya shows are two examples.
- Address: Calle 50 between Calles 6 and 7, La Plata, Buenos Aires B1900ASX
- Phone: 221/427–1843
- Hours: Daily 9 am–10 pm
- Location: La Plata
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more