- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- close to the beach and even closer to restaurants in the town center
- lovely wooded grounds
- low-key and laid-back but staff still try hard to please
- in summer, four-wheel drives roar up and down the road outside
- limited nearby grocery stores make the kitchen redundant
- beds are on the hard side
Solid stone walls, oak fixtures, and handwoven drapes make the split-level cabins at Abedul very earthy. Outside each is a wooden deck with its own barbecue, and you can arrange for your breakfast to be brought here at the hour of your choice. The bedrooms look out over Mar de las Pampas's unspoiled woods, and the beach is only three blocks away. The sheltered indoor-outdoor pool is a boon when the wind whips up the sand and sea.
- Address: Santa María between El Lucero and El Ceibo, Mar de las Pampas, Buenos Aires 7165
- Phone: 2255/455-819
- Website: www.abedulmardelaspampas.com
- Location: Mar de las Pampas
- 7 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- Closed weekdays Apr.--June and Aug.--Nov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- Alluring South America IExplore
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes
- Argentina's Patagonia & the Omaguacas — $9,795 IExplore
- Argentina Experience — $1,499 IExplore
A little help goes a long way. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
Hi fellow travellers!
I am just beginning my planning to South America for 5 months next year and have no idea where to start. I have no idea how much much I will need however have been saving so should Read more