- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- close to the beach and even closer to restaurants in the town center
- lovely wooded grounds
- low-key and laid-back but staff still try hard to please
- in summer, four-wheel drives roar up and down the road outside
- limited nearby grocery stores make the kitchen redundant
- beds are on the hard side
Check Rates from our Partners
Solid stone walls, oak fixtures, and handwoven drapes make the split-level cabins at Abedul very earthy. Outside each is a wooden deck with its own barbecue, and you can arrange for your breakfast to be brought here at the hour of your choice. The bedrooms look out over Mar de las Pampas's unspoiled woods, and the beach is only three blocks away. The sheltered indoor-outdoor pool is a boon when the wind whips up the sand and sea.
- Address: Santa María between El Lucero and El Ceibo, Mar de las Pampas, Buenos Aires 7165
- Phone: 2255/455–819
- Website: www.abedulmardelaspampas.com
- Location: Mar de las Pampas
- 7 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- Closed weekdays Apr.–June and Aug.–Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more