- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This new glacier museum gives you an entertaining and educational walk through the formation and life of glaciers in the world (and in particular in Patagonia), the effects of climate change, as well as temporary art exhibitions. A 3D film about the national park and plenty of brightly lit displays along with the stark glacier-shaped architecture give it a modern appeal. Don't miss out of the Glaciobar—the first ice bar in Argentina—where you can don thermal suits, boots, and gloves and drink a few cocktails in below-zero temperatures. Your whiskey on the rocks will be served with none other than 200-year-old glacier ice from Perito Moreno!
- Address: Ruta 7, km 6, El Calafate, Santa Cruz
- Phone: 2902/497–912
- Cost: Museum 80 pesos (visit takes 1–2 hours); bar 70 pesos for 25 mins with free bar drinks
- Hours: 9–8 daily, shorter opening hours in winter
- Location: El Calafate
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more