- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This new glacier museum gives you an entertaining and educational walk through the formation and life of glaciers in the world (and in particular in Patagonia), the effects of climate change, as well as temporary art exhibitions. A 3D film about the national park and plenty of brightly lit displays along with the stark glacier-shaped architecture give it a modern appeal. Don't miss out of the Glaciobar—the first ice bar in Argentina—where you can don thermal suits, boots, and gloves and drink a few cocktails in below-zero temperatures. Your whiskey on the rocks will be served with none other than 200-year-old glacier ice from Perito Moreno!
- Address: Ruta 7, km 6, El Calafate, Santa Cruz
- Phone: 2902/497–912
- Cost: Museum 80 pesos (visit takes 1–2 hours); bar 70 pesos for 25 mins with free bar drinks
- Hours: 9–8 daily, shorter opening hours in winter
- Location: El Calafate
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
I have recently bought a flight to Buenos Aires and am planning to visit south America for 3 months ( May 12th to August 4th ) wooo hooo!!!! . I have less than 2 months to plan the greates Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more