- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Córdoba Province is the geographical center of Argentina, and its eponymous capital, 710 km (441 mi) northwest of Buenos Aires, is a chaotic, cosmopolitan hub filled with students and businesspeople. Unlike porteños (citizens of Buenos Aires), however, this city's inhabitants are only a short drive from cooling rivers, hills, and tranquillity; some say it's why people here are so pleasant. Indeed, a meandering drive from the city through the mountain towns is a lovely way to spend a day or two—or an entire summer.
Córdoba City is served by daily flights from Buenos Aires as well as lots of long-distance bus companies, many of which have a comfortable cama (sleeper) service, or an even more comfortable—and not much more expensive—cama suite service. Within the city, hiring a car isn't necessary (or even advisable, given the chaotic traffic): the center is compact, and official black-and-yellow taxis abound.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Holiday Inn Cordoba Fr $143+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Sheraton Cordoba Fr $152+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Interplaza Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Expedia
- Zoom Apartments on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $106+/Nt — $106 Expedia
- May deal: Amerian Cordoba Park Fr $103+/Nt — $103 Expedia