- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Córdoba Province is the geographical center of Argentina, and its eponymous capital, 710 km (441 mi) northwest of Buenos Aires, is a chaotic, cosmopolitan hub filled with students and businesspeople. Unlike porteños (citizens of Buenos Aires), however, this city's inhabitants are only a short drive from cooling rivers, hills, and tranquillity; some say it's why people here are so pleasant. Indeed, a meandering drive from the city through the mountain towns is a lovely way to spend a day or two—or an entire summer.
Córdoba City is served by daily flights from Buenos Aires as well as lots of long-distance bus companies, many of which have a comfortable cama (sleeper) service, or an even more comfortable—and not much more expensive—cama suite service. Within the city, hiring a car isn't necessary (or even advisable, given the chaotic traffic): the center is compact, and official black-and-yellow taxis abound.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe