- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- very roomy
- very central
- a distinguished history
- lots of slot machines
Check Rates from our Partners
Sierras Hotel Review
This hotel put Alta Gracia on the map. The healthy climate and the Jesuit estancia played their part, but the visiting socialites from Buenos Aires in the 1930s came to stay here, with its magnificent gardens designed—as all good gardens in the region are—by Carlos Thays. The hotel has since seen worse times, having been abandoned, squatted in, and run down, but it's recently been overhauled and reopened in 2006. Its casino isn't as upmarket as it used to be, but it's still got the gardens, and the 26 rooms have all the comforts you can ask for.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hopefully we will get a chance to post a more formal trip report later however I thought I'd post a few initial details. Read more
Thank you to everyone who posted reports and answered my questions over the past year in planning this trip.
Our story: We are a mature, newly retired Canadian couple who are well travelled and spending Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more